I know I’ve been completely MIA this month but I’m back with a new book haul! I’ve had some problems with one of my eyes and it has really kept me from doing, well, pretty much anything.
I’ve had something called Uveitis in my left eye for a month and a half now. It can happen to anyone, anytime, and they don’t know what causes it. But I’m telling you, it’s awful. I’d never heard of it before, and neither has anyone I know. And it’s still not gone. I’m getting better, but I hope it goes away soon.
Anyway, even feeling terrible didn’t stop me from buying books this month. Some of them I actually bought online last month but didn’t receive until July, so I’m counting them as part of my July haul. The rest of them I bought when my eye started feeling a little better. I figured I’d suffered so much I deserved a treat.
And boy did I treat myself!
I may have gone a bit overboard, but can one really have too many books? I think not. So what exactly was the damage? Drum roll please….
23 Books in July!
Wow, that is a lot of books. But, all but one of them I bought used so I saved a ton. I love buying my books used, but I’m very picky about the way they look. I only buy a used book if it looks almost new. I’m a book snob what can I say.
Usually I buy mystery or horror novels but this month I was on a young adult kick. YA books are some of my favorite books. If anyone tells you they’re just for kids, walk away, you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
Some of these titles I’ve really been wanting to read (Red Queen, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, Cinder) And some of them I’d never heard of until I found them for sale (Tell The Wolves I’m Home, Legend, Graceling).
And some of them I bought because I liked the covers.
I’m a sucker for a pretty book cover.
I mean, just look at this edition of Edgar Allen Poe I found at Half Price Books!
It’s so shiny and beautiful! I already had two additions of Edgar Allan Poe stories but I couldn’t pass this one up. It was brand new, I’m pretty sure it had never been opened before, and I got it on sale for $5.00! I couldn’t leave the store without it.
July Book Haul
But enough about pretty covers, here is a full list for my July book haul.
- Heartless | Marissa Meyer
- Edgar Allan Poe Collection
- Tell The Wolves I’m Home | Carol Rifka Brunt
- Red Queen | Victoria Aveyard
- Eleanor & Park | Rainbow Rowell
- The Glass Arrow | Kristen Simmons
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before | Jenny Han
- Cinder | Marissa Meyer
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette | Maria Semple
- Graceling | Kristin Cashore
- Legend | Marie Lu
- The Princess Bride | William Goldman
- Pretty Little Liars | Sara Shepard
- James and the Giant Peach | Roald Dahl
- The Bridge to Terabithia | Katherine Paterson
- The Magician’s Nephew | C.S. Lewis
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe | C.S. Lewis
- Flowers For Algernon | Daniel Keyes
- White Cat | Holly Black
- The Boy In The Striped Pajamas | John Boyne
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer & the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn | Mark Twain
- In Cold Blood | Truman Capote
- Spin The Dawn | Elizabeth Lim
If you’ve read any of these books let me know in the comments. I’d love to hear your thoughts on them.